Champagne Faucheron-Gavroy : Cuvée Chardonnay Grand Cru
This Blanc de Blancs champagne’s color has the usual pale golden shades and green hints. The nose is rather fruity and rich with hints of Victoria pineapple, Mirabelle plums in syrup and rose petals.
The mineral side comes out with the airing, with hints of fresh chalk and oyster shell.
On the palate, the attack is strong and lemony and hints of lime, orange and watermelon are revealed with a tight finish showing hints of physalis.
Ideal with your seafood platters or your Parmesan oysters for the aperitif, it will also go well with a cod filet in the fish and chips style and its sweet potato French fries.
Information sheet from the cellar master
- Only available in 75cl bottles
- Varieties: 100% Chardonnay
- Blend: 2016 with 40% of reserve wine
- “Les Soulemonts” in Verzy
- A very fine bubble, a pale golden color, a fresh palate with aromas of lime.
- Great for the aperitif, it will be perfect with shellfish, fish but also white meat.
- Maturation: 3 years in our vaulted cellars at 11°C (51.8°F)
- Alcohol rate: 12%
- Liqueur dosage: 5gr per 0.75l
The attack is well dissolved and the palate is well balanced with hints of pears in syrup, carambola fruit, orange blossom and rose water. Slightly chalky finish with a jot of blackcurrant and grilled almond.
- 2016 International Challenge – Gilbert & Gaillard: Gold Medal
- 2019 Feminalise World Wine Competition: Gold Medal