Champagne Faucheron-Gavroy : Cuvée Brut Réserve Grand Cru
Pale golden color with a thin bead and a light effervescence.
The nose is mature and rich with hints of butter brioche, yellow peach in syrup and candied fruits (pineapple, apple, grape). Then, the airing brings significant hints of blackcurrant and strawberry coulis that reinforce the complexity of this tasty champagne.
The palate is round and smooth with a well dissolved acidity. The same richness is found on the palate with hints of pineapple and candied apples as well as a jot of butter with a finish of chalk and straw.
Pleasant champagne for the aperitif, it goes easily with a stir-fried foie gras or a quail stuffed with grape.
Information sheet from the cellar master
- Varieties: 70% of Pinot Noir and 30% of Chardonnay
- Blend: 2016 with 40% of reserve wine
- Grand Cru vine plots:
- Verzy: 35% of Pinot Noir and 30% of Chardonnay
- Verzenay: 35% of Pinot Noir
- Maturation: 3 years in our vaulted cellars at 11°C (51.8°F)
- Alcohol rate: 12%
- Liqueur dosage: 5gr per 0.75l
- Available bottlings: 37.5cl, 75cl and 150cl
- Concours des vignerons indépendants 2016 (independent winemakers contest): Bronze Medal
- 2016 and 2018 International Challenge – Gilbert & Gaillard: Gold and Silver Medals
- 2018 Feminalise World Wine Competition: Silver Medal
- 2019 Feminalise World Wine Competition: Gold Medal
- 2019 International Challenge – Gilbert & Gaillard: Gold Medal